THE LAND.....OUR DREAM HOUSE

THE LAND.....OUR DREAM HOUSE

Monday, September 20, 2010

FINISH ONE: START ANOTHER PART III

SEPTEMBER 20, 2010

Since the bathroom was entirely painted, it was time to start something else. I began painting the great room. I put one coat on the kitchen and the hall. Tonya came to help on Tuesday and Wednesday. We were able to put both coats on the entire great room walls, including the stairway down as far as the landing. Trying to reach the last high corner, I fell off the ladder. My head landed on the my loaded roller, so no harm there. I landed on my back--knocked the wind out of me. The worst was my elbow, which must have hit several steps of the ladder on the way down. I am sore, especially ribs, but back at work--no broken bones.




Frank finished the spackling work in the study, laundry, and garage. He installed the bathroom.




























Then he went back to tongue and groove. Since the kitchen wall was painted, he put up that ceiling, and the last couple boards against the middle hexagon on another side. Thursday he finished another side on the middle hexagon, and completed the ceiling above the stairwell.










































He had also cut wood and trim to install the bathroom door. I began sanding and staining. I was able to apply one coat of finish before he hung the door.

























Trish, Tonya's friend, came another morning and began taping and spackling our bedroom. Frank now has the second and third coats in that room. He also finished spackling the stub wall by the stairs.


I went back to dry wall sanding. Frank cleaned the wood on the outside of the gazebo and under the carport. We both spent time trying to clean up the construction mess in the house. Frank mowed. We wanted the place to look spiffy. Notice the difference in the logs.




Why? Today Mom, Phyllis & Eric, and Eric's parents came to visit. While we ladies visited, the men installed both sky lights in the great room.
























See the gazebo?


Mom says that the house is "pretty fancy." It is beginning to look and feel like a real house. Come and check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment