THE LAND.....OUR DREAM HOUSE

THE LAND.....OUR DREAM HOUSE

Monday, July 5, 2010

CONTINUING ON

JULY 5, 2010

Frank took this picture early one morning. The sky was blue here, but a dense fog hung over the valley. He especially likes these twin poplars, and caught the moon between them one night. They are about half way up the lane.


















A week ago today I took it easy because of testing. Frank finished the insulation. Next he made a hole in the basement wall for the gas line. I began a clean up of the main floor. Wednesday Frank had oral surgery, and then took it easy. I stained the rest of the main floor window sashes. Thursday Frank worked on the pipe for the gas, taking it through the basement wall and into the mechanical room. I touched up the logs in the pantry and bedroom, and again cleaned up for the stain. It had arrived! Friday I stained the last two rooms, while Frank added the electric wire to the line for the water.





We went to see my sister Phyllis and husband Eric on Saturday, enjoying a church picnic, Mustang ride, and car show with them. Yesterday we went on to Ohio to see my Mom. She had recently finished this ceramic doll.





Today, I'm doing a light sanding job, and then will begin the clear finish on the remaining
walls. Frank rented a Ditch Witch, and trenched and buried the pipe for the gas. Now we are waiting for the tank to arrive.














No comments:

Post a Comment